Go Back   Physical Advancement > Forums Home > Members Training Journals

Old 12-09-2011

Easton Taylor has much to be proud of Easton Taylor has much to be proud of Easton Taylor has much to be proud of Easton Taylor has much to be proud of Easton Taylor has much to be proud of Easton Taylor has much to be proud of Easton Taylor has much to be proud of Easton Taylor has much to be proud of Easton Taylor has much to be proud of Easton Taylor has much to be proud of
Send a message via Yahoo to Easton Taylor
Default 12/9/2011 5/3/1 Log Press

Been working pretty damn hard at work, wish I could have gotten in the gym a couple more times this week. I felt pretty run down, however no excuses, no whining, just needed to get some work in.

Weight: 216

5/3/1 Log Press (All Viper Pressed):

WU
90 x 5
160 x 3
170 x 3
200 x 3 (+7)

The 200 for 10 felt pretty good. The first 8 reps were easy, the last 2 reps were pretty tough. However, I gutted them out and felt pretty good.

5/3/1 Log Press Out Of The Rack:

160 x 3
190 x 3
220 x 3 (+2)

Was pretty smoked after the Viper pressing sets, however I still got some work done.

Hercules Sled Arm over Arm for 40 feet, and Push Back 40 feet:

Sled + 45
Sled + 90
Sled + 135
Sled + 180
Sled + 225

The last set was pretty brutal.

Single Arm DB Stand Strict Press:

65 x 5 x Both Arms
70 x 5 x Both Arms
75 x 5 x Both Arms

All in all, feels good to be back, however I have alot of work to do still.

Last edited by Easton Taylor; 12-15-2011 at 11:35 AM.
Old 12-13-2011

Easton Taylor has much to be proud of Easton Taylor has much to be proud of Easton Taylor has much to be proud of Easton Taylor has much to be proud of Easton Taylor has much to be proud of Easton Taylor has much to be proud of Easton Taylor has much to be proud of Easton Taylor has much to be proud of Easton Taylor has much to be proud of Easton Taylor has much to be proud of
Default 12/12/2011 Squat and DL day.

Felt okay. Did some Squats and DL. Going to start front squatting next week.

Weight: 218

Back Squat:

WU
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 1
405 x Fail (I lost it on the bottom, I fell foward...stupid)
365 x 1

Front Squat:

135 x 10 ATG

Reverse Band DL (60 pounds pulling on the bottom all strapless) and from a deficit:

135 x 10
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 1
365 x 1
405 x 3

And then for $hits and giggles

495 x 1

That was it, I called it a day.

My lower back felt okay. Next week I don't DL, however I do squat.

Last edited by Easton Taylor; 01-04-2012 at 09:36 AM.
Old 12-15-2011

Default 12/15/2011 Overhead Day

Went to the Rev Theory concert with Brad Schofield and drank way to much on Tuesday night. I really don't drink, but I did that night. So yesterday was pretty crappy for me being hung over and working an 11 day. However back in the gym today.

Weight: 222

Did my normal WU routine. Bike, rower, and stretching.

5/3/1 Viper Presses:

WU
160 x 5
180 x 3
210 x 1 (+5)

Felt okay, was hoping for at least eight, however it wasn't in the cards today.

5/3/1 Log Out of the Rack:

180 x 5
210 x 3
230 x 1 (+4)

Seemed okay, and I hit the number I was looking for. My numbers are low because the Viper Pressing really takes it out of me. However, I will adjust because my body is weird, the more I press the stronger I keep getting.

Then I did a circuit:

Flat Bench Close Grip: 135 x 10 x 3
BW Sit ups: 10 x 3
Hammer Curls Both Arms: 50 x 10 x 3.

I am going to train some events on Saturday, to see where they are. I deload on the DL's and Viper Pressing next week. So I am going to front squat and train with the axle.
Old 12-15-2011
Valued Member

MikeMastell is a glorious beacon of light MikeMastell is a glorious beacon of light MikeMastell is a glorious beacon of light MikeMastell is a glorious beacon of light MikeMastell is a glorious beacon of light

Training looks good Easton, nice work with that 495 pull it'll keep coming fast.

BPi sports- Team Takeover

C19H28O2
Old 12-15-2011
Valued Member

Tom Hutchison is a glorious beacon of light Tom Hutchison is a glorious beacon of light Tom Hutchison is a glorious beacon of light Tom Hutchison is a glorious beacon of light Tom Hutchison is a glorious beacon of light

Good to see you back at it buddy.
Old 12-15-2011
Valued Member

dcarroll has much to be proud of dcarroll has much to be proud of dcarroll has much to be proud of dcarroll has much to be proud of dcarroll has much to be proud of dcarroll has much to be proud of dcarroll has much to be proud of dcarroll has much to be proud of dcarroll has much to be proud of dcarroll has much to be proud of

Good stuff Easton, now leave the boozing alone and fire it up.
Old 12-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMastell View Post
Training looks good Easton, nice work with that 495 pull it'll keep coming fast.
Thanks Mike. Hopefully there will be a 600 pull sometime next year......hahaha. Thanks for all the help bud.
Old 12-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hutchison View Post
Good to see you back at it buddy.
Yeah, I was on hiatus. Just trying to figure out a routine and keep working hard. What you are up too buddy?
Old 12-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarroll View Post
Good stuff Easton, now leave the boozing alone and fire it up.
I know, it was the first time in like 6 months. I am healthy, getting stronger, and feel alot better. So I guess it is time to light it up.
Old 01-04-2012

Default 1/3/2011 Deadlift

Took sometime off for the holidays, work has been nuts..but I am back and compete in less then 3 weeks........

Weight: 222

Deadlift from a deficit with doubled heavy bands:

WU
135 x 2
195 x 2
225 x 2
255 x 2
265 x 2
275 x 2
295 x 2
305 x 2

All the pulls felt stupid easy. I tweeked my bicep a week ago on my under hand, and it felt okay today. These were done beltless also. Weird thing is, I feel more comfortable pulling from a deficit then I do from the floor........

Back Ext:

BW x 10
BW + 35 x 10 x 2

T-Bar Rows:

45 x 10
90 x 10
135 x 10

Roman Chair Sit Ups:

BW x 10
BW + 40 lbs x 10 x 2

I feel pretty good. Strength is coming back pretty steady, and my weight isn't ballooning out of control. Staying pretty lean, reworking my diet, training smarter. Hoping for big things this year.