Go Back   Physical Advancement > Forums Home > Contest Anouncements and Results

Old 06-28-2012
Valued Member

Aaron West is a splendid one to behold Aaron West is a splendid one to behold Aaron West is a splendid one to behold Aaron West is a splendid one to behold Aaron West is a splendid one to behold Aaron West is a splendid one to behold Aaron West is a splendid one to behold

For those of you who need early weigh-ins, we'll have a conference room at the Davison Comfort Inn from 6-8 pm. I live 20 minutes west of the venue and will be back and forth all day Friday, so if you want to weigh in sooner just call my cell (810)931-8952 and we'll get you taken care of.
Old 07-01-2012
Valued Member

Aaron West is a splendid one to behold Aaron West is a splendid one to behold Aaron West is a splendid one to behold Aaron West is a splendid one to behold Aaron West is a splendid one to behold Aaron West is a splendid one to behold Aaron West is a splendid one to behold

Entries as of 7/1:

Teen

Novice
Anthony McNett

Master
John Czerwiec
Mike Worden
Bob Pensari
Jim Harris

Chris Kropp
Dana Skytta
Dave Liepman
Greg Martin

Adam Thatcher
Clint Swisher
Ron Hisaw

Jake Harmon

HW
Justin Blake
Paul Thomson
Shawn Horetski
Sam Clapper
Mark Phillips
Jason Worden

I have 8 verbals as well, but no entry in hand, no spot in line.
Old 07-01-2012

Josh Swisher is on a distinguished road

I'll make my own spot in line
Old 07-10-2012
Valued Member

I finally have the 2.5 billion trailer items offloaded and stored, so now I can get to the post contest response. I also located my web-software product key, so www.mistrongman.com is current again. The scores have been submitted to NAS, but if you want them now, get them here: http://www.mistrongman.com/past%20co...20results.html

CCIII was a Platinum show, and the weights coupled with the 85 degree heat made the athletes earn every point. Once again, MAMMOTH offered events that you simply don't see at many contests, and certainly not head-to-head. I give credit to all the athletes with balls big enough to take on unfamiliar challenges rather than stroke their comfort zone. May your face(s) be rewarded with locks of manliness.

Here were my stand-out performances in each event:

In the arm over arm- Shawn Horetski cleaned house with his efficient pull for the HW's.

In the press Medley-Sheffield and J. Mitch tied on the Bell Grande, while Big Ronnie Shock was the only HW to tame the Erection Bell.

The keg toss- What a difference the 6th keg proved to be! Some impressive throws for sure, but Dana Skytta in the LW's, Paul Thomson in the HW's and Bob Pensari in the Masters really launched them all!

The Car DL- Josh Swisher gets the Fu Manchu award; not only for his face, but his effort on the DL. No, he didn't pull the most reps, but at his turn, 5 was the seemingly unbeatable number. With his back and legs shaking after 4, he gutted out number 5. With only seconds left, he tugged on the bar one last time- UP!...shaking...UP!...shaking...UP! Past the knees...trembling...mid thigh....quivering...inching up...still moving...Purple face...Veins breaking...KEEP PULLING!! One last max effort and....HIPS THROUGH!!... DOWN! said the judge as Willie yelled TIME...Good lift! The best part was 5 rows of bleachers off their seats willing Josh to finish the lift. Truly an awesome experience!

The stones: Hot all day makes for tough stones regardless of what tacky you choose, and even a perfect, clean set of MAMMOTH stones proved too much for everyone in every class except the overall LW winner Joe Sheffield and the adrenaline infused Swisher.

My sponsors this year made this show kick ass. Jim Ray at Grand Blanc Motor Cars brought EIGHT, yes eight EVENLY matched cars to the show. His staff took them all the scales, weighed them, then went and refueled the lighter cars to match-then if that wasn't enough, re-weighed them again to verify the change. I didn't ask any of this- he just wanted a kick ass show as much as I did. Brandon McDowell, now of Optimal Rehabilitation, had/has more turmoil in the background than one man can endure, yet he refused to step down as the title sponsor for the 3rd year in a row. Thank you friend, as your efforts are truly appreciated. Jason Gabor of Troy laser continues to allow me to abuse his steel vendors accounts to feed my welder's insatiable lust for metal and making MAMMOTH equipment. And I can't mention MAMMOTH without thanking my equally twisted partner in crime, Mr. Adam Thatcher for his long efforts and assistance in making the world more awesome.

Finally, there would be no show worth bragging about without all the Orange shirts busting their ass all day. My loving wife Stacy at the head table, Willie on the mic, JP and Steve judging- all smooth. The poor bastards on the field all day with me, I can't thank you enough. Deano and Jason helped direct all the eager help, who flawlessly transitioned from one monster setup to another in a matter of minutes while the crowd listened to some local singing talent. All you guys did a phenomenal job!

Those of you who were there for this years spectacle have added a notch to your awesome belt. Feel free to walk up to someone who chose not to attend...and punch them in the throat.
Old 07-12-2012
Valued Member

Here's some media coverage for this year:

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/inde...strong_at.html

http://davisonindex.mihomepaper.com/...2/Page_016.pdf

http://photos.mlive.com/flint-journa...estival_9.html