Go Back   Physical Advancement > Forums Home > Contest Anouncements and Results

Old 11-25-2006
Valued Member

Garrick Daft has a reputation beyond repute Garrick Daft has a reputation beyond repute Garrick Daft has a reputation beyond repute Garrick Daft has a reputation beyond repute Garrick Daft has a reputation beyond repute Garrick Daft has a reputation beyond repute Garrick Daft has a reputation beyond repute Garrick Daft has a reputation beyond repute Garrick Daft has a reputation beyond repute Garrick Daft has a reputation beyond repute Garrick Daft has a reputation beyond repute

Comparison of the final standings in the 2005 and 2006 IFSA World's...

2005 IFSA Strongman World Championships
Quebec, Canada
09-25-2005

1 - Zydrunas Savickas -----Lithuania---103 - 2005 IFSA Strongest Man in the World, 2005 Arnold Strongman Champion
2 - Vasyl Virastyuk ---------Ukraine------96
3 - Mikhail Koklyaev --------Russia-------93.5
4 - Andrus Murumets -------Estonia------86
5 - Raimonds Bergmanis ----Latvia-------84.5 - Believed to be retired
6 - Phil Pfister -------------USA--------82.5 - Left IFSA and became 2006 TWI METRx World's Strongest Man
7 - Vidas Blekaitis ----------Lithuania----81.5
8 - Magnus Samuelsson ----Sweden------69 - Left IFSA for TWI in 2006 and failed to qualify for the METRx WSM Finals
9 - Robert Schepanski ------Poland-------67
10 - Travis Ortmayer -------USA---------64.5
11 - Geoff Dolan -----------Canada------54.5 - Did not make finals in 2006
12 - Karl Gillingham ---------USA---------43 - Left IFSA for TWI in 2006 and failed to qualify for the METRx WSM Heats

2006 IFSA Strongman World Championships
Reyjavik, Iceland
11-24/25-2005

1 - Zydrunas Savickas ------Lithuania---80.5 - 2006 IFSA Strongest Man in the World, 2006 Arnold Strongman Champion
2 - Mikhail Koklyaev --------Russia------78.5 - Higher placement then 2005 3rd place
3 - Vasyl Virastyuk ---------Ukraine-----72 - Lower placement then 2005 2nd place
4 - Vidas Blekaitis ----------Lithuania---70 - Higher placement then 2005 7th place
5 - Andrus Murumets -------Estonia-----55 - Lower placement then 2005 4th place
6 - Robert Schepanski ------Poland------46.5 - Higher placement then 2005 9th place
7 - Benedikt Magnusson -----Iceland------44.5
8 - Oli Thompson ------------UK----------43
9 - Nick Best ----------------USA---------38
10 - Travis Ortmayer -------USA---------35 - Same placement as 2005
11 - Saulius Brusokas --------Lithania------33.5
12 - Ervin Katona ------------Serbia-------20.5

Now that the season is done.... I hope that the Strongman world can unite and give us a Unified Championship for 2007, the 30 year anniversary of Strongman as we know it. I want to see Mariusz Pudzianowski, Phil Pfister, Jesse Marunde, Hugo Girard, Don Pope, Terry Hollands and others battle with Zydrunas Savickas, Mikhail Koklyaev, Vasyl Virastyuk, Travis Ortmayer, Oli Thompson, Nick Best and others!!!!! It is time now!

Give us an ONE UNDISPUTED CHAMPION!!!!

(oh yeah and Travis Ortmayer, we need one undisputed Stone King also... good job man considering all that you've been through..)

FORZA E VITA

When you smell the breath of the lion and you hear his roar, and you're released from your cage and you take him on, you then know from the pits just what it is like and who is the strongest. And when you look into his eyes - I looked into Sigmarsson's eyes, and O.D.'s eyes - I saw wild animals. I can relate and compare myself to those guys. - Bill Kazmaier

Conceive, Believe, Achieve - Bill Kazmaier
Old 11-26-2006

Colin Anderson will become famous soon enough

Good to see the guys in their first World Championship, Nick Best, Benni, Oli, etc all perform so well.

I've never seen Nick Best compete, hardly surprising as this was his first international contest. The fact he made the final, and set a world record in the light set of farmers on the way, is very impressive. Looking forward to seeing his career develop.
Old 11-26-2006
3x WSM Competitor

Steve Kirit is a jewel in the rough Steve Kirit is a jewel in the rough Steve Kirit is a jewel in the rough

Karl did not fail to qualify for WSM 2006.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrick Daft
Comparison of the final standings in the 2005 and 2006 IFSA World's...

2005 IFSA Strongman World Championships
Quebec, Canada
09-25-2005

1 - Zydrunas Savickas -----Lithuania---103 - 2005 IFSA Strongest Man in the World, 2005 Arnold Strongman Champion
2 - Vasyl Virastyuk ---------Ukraine------96
3 - Mikhail Koklyaev --------Russia-------93.5
4 - Andrus Murumets -------Estonia------86
5 - Raimonds Bergmanis ----Latvia-------84.5 - Believed to be retired
6 - Phil Pfister -------------USA--------82.5 - Left IFSA and became 2006 TWI METRx World's Strongest Man
7 - Vidas Blekaitis ----------Lithuania----81.5
8 - Magnus Samuelsson ----Sweden------69 - Left IFSA for TWI in 2006 and failed to qualify for the METRx WSM Finals
9 - Robert Schepanski ------Poland-------67
10 - Travis Ortmayer -------USA---------64.5
11 - Geoff Dolan -----------Canada------54.5 - Did not make finals in 2006
12 - Karl Gillingham ---------USA---------43 - Left IFSA for TWI in 2006 and failed to qualify for the METRx WSM Heats

2006 IFSA Strongman World Championships
Reyjavik, Iceland
11-24/25-2005

1 - Zydrunas Savickas ------Lithuania---80.5 - 2006 IFSA Strongest Man in the World, 2006 Arnold Strongman Champion
2 - Mikhail Koklyaev --------Russia------78.5 - Higher placement then 2005 3rd place
3 - Vasyl Virastyuk ---------Ukraine-----72 - Lower placement then 2005 2nd place
4 - Vidas Blekaitis ----------Lithuania---70 - Higher placement then 2005 7th place
5 - Andrus Murumets -------Estonia-----55 - Lower placement then 2005 4th place
6 - Robert Schepanski ------Poland------46.5 - Higher placement then 2005 9th place
7 - Benedikt Magnusson -----Iceland------44.5
8 - Oli Thompson ------------UK----------43
9 - Nick Best ----------------USA---------38
10 - Travis Ortmayer -------USA---------35 - Same placement as 2005
11 - Saulius Brusokas --------Lithania------33.5
12 - Ervin Katona ------------Serbia-------20.5

Now that the season is done.... I hope that the Strongman world can unite and give us a Unified Championship for 2007, the 30 year anniversary of Strongman as we know it. I want to see Mariusz Pudzianowski, Phil Pfister, Jesse Marunde, Hugo Girard, Don Pope, Terry Hollands and others battle with Zydrunas Savickas, Mikhail Koklyaev, Vasyl Virastyuk, Travis Ortmayer, Oli Thompson, Nick Best and others!!!!! It is time now!

Give us an ONE UNDISPUTED CHAMPION!!!!

(oh yeah and Travis Ortmayer, we need one undisputed Stone King also... good job man considering all that you've been through..)

Old 11-26-2006
Valued Member

Garrick Daft has a reputation beyond repute Garrick Daft has a reputation beyond repute Garrick Daft has a reputation beyond repute Garrick Daft has a reputation beyond repute Garrick Daft has a reputation beyond repute Garrick Daft has a reputation beyond repute Garrick Daft has a reputation beyond repute Garrick Daft has a reputation beyond repute Garrick Daft has a reputation beyond repute Garrick Daft has a reputation beyond repute Garrick Daft has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kirit
Karl did not fail to qualify for WSM 2006.
Well I know that Karl Gillingham got invited as an alternate for the WSM Heats, but I do believe that if he actually qualified he would've been competing rather then waiting for someone to drop.
This is a very sore point for me, as I believe that Karl Gillingham should've been competing in the Heats. Karl Gillingham beat Magnus Samuelsson, Dominic Filiou, Dave Ostlund, and Janne Virtannen at the Mohegan Sun...a qualifier for the WSM!!...so why did they get invites to the Heats and he only got a invite as an alternate???
This is all I know.

FORZA E VITA

When you smell the breath of the lion and you hear his roar, and you're released from your cage and you take him on, you then know from the pits just what it is like and who is the strongest. And when you look into his eyes - I looked into Sigmarsson's eyes, and O.D.'s eyes - I saw wild animals. I can relate and compare myself to those guys. - Bill Kazmaier

Conceive, Believe, Achieve - Bill Kazmaier