Go Back   Physical Advancement > Forums Home > Main Forum

Old 07-26-2007
Banned

SARGE has a spectacular aura about SARGE has a spectacular aura about
Default passing of a friend

Friends, we suffered a great loss in the strongman community last evening. The Sequim Crew was doing what they do. Training hard and particularly training Jesse for the WSM contest in Anaheim. He died quickly and painlessly.

The squat set was as follows:
230kg x 8
190kg x 8
150kg x 8
110kg x 8
70kg x 8
Followed immediately by:
600# tire flip
265# stone load
All of this was done with no rest between sets. Rack, pull, go
At the completion of these sets Jesse laid on his back, on the cold floor like normal. Breck and Sarge noticed that his breathing was laborious. Jesse became incoherent and stopped breathing. We administered cpr, called 911 and continued to resusitate until paramedics arrived. They set up the defibrillator, epinephrin, to no avail. He was worked on for over an hour between Breck, Sarge and the paramedics.

These are the facts as it happened. We are deeply saddened by this tragic loss. We appreciate your support and prayers.

The Sequim Crew
Old 07-26-2007
Lurkin in the Darkness...

Mac Smith has a brilliant future Mac Smith has a brilliant future Mac Smith has a brilliant future Mac Smith has a brilliant future Mac Smith has a brilliant future Mac Smith has a brilliant future Mac Smith has a brilliant future Mac Smith has a brilliant future Mac Smith has a brilliant future Mac Smith has a brilliant future Mac Smith has a brilliant future

Don't know what to say, Sarge!!! The strongman world is speechless. There is an eerie silence in my head today because of the loss of friend!

"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure." -Bill Cosby

I wish he would retire from wrestling and start competing. Or better yet, Mac get his knee healthy and go pro... We need some color in this sport man!!! - Jesse Marunde on Mark Henry and the needs of strongman!! LOL!!!

Don't just look like an athlete... Be an athlete!!!! - BigMac
Old 07-26-2007
Hard Core Member

Dane Kelley is a jewel in the rough Dane Kelley is a jewel in the rough Dane Kelley is a jewel in the rough Dane Kelley is a jewel in the rough

jesse was a true animal and i watch his videos gave me more motivation. im gonna miss him. rest in piece big fella
Old 07-26-2007
Victoria's Secret

Jamie T will become famous soon enough

Sarge

My heart and prayers go out to Jesse, Callie, Dawson, Jessica and all of the friends and extended family

Sarge, I say a special prayer for you.. through thick and thin you were there battling, fighting, putting all your efforts trying to make you, Jesse and the crew better athletes and better strongmen. I am sure that Jesse loved and respected you more than anything. He ws the face of the Sequim Crew and you were the soul.. Please don't lose your passion Sarge, the entire Sequim Crew needs your leadership now more than ever..

If you need absolutely anything please let me know

love and respect

Jamie T